The following action plan lists the goals I intend to achieve this year, my year of being thirty!
It’s ambitious I know, but what’s the point in making it easy? You will notice there are only twenty-seven goals listed here and that is because I want the rest of you to help me decide the last three!
It would be good if I could add one more to each category, or add three more to Environmental Development perhaps, as there are only six in that category. In keeping with the Becoming Thirty theme, try to incorporate the number thirty into the challenge.
I encourage you to post your comments about the current list and your ideas for the last three goals! Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
1. Take a minimum 30 minute walk every weekday.
2. Complete 30 minutes of exercise every weekday.
3. Spend 30 minutes writing every weekday.
4. Visit 30 new places
5. Learn 30 new things
6. Try 30 new foods
7. Spend 30 days immersed in an underprivileged community
8. Complete 30,000 words of a manuscript
9. View 30 birds I have never seen before
10. Read at least 30 different books with my niece
11. Read at least 30 different books (excluding the above)
12. Make 30 craft projects
13. Write at least 30 blog posts in 30 weeks for Becoming Thirty
14. Write 30 articles and publish on the net or in print (not on my blog)
15. Raise $30,000 for a selected cause or selection of causes
16. Write 30 letters to the Government in relation to issues I feel strongly about
17. Volunteer a total of 30 x 8hr’s worth of time (240hrs in total)to a selected cause or selection of causes
18. Give 30 talks in the community on issues I feel strongly about
19. Participate in/attend 30 different community fundraising events
20. Recruit 30 people who have never donated blood before to become blood donors
21. Identify 30 problems/issues in the local community and a potential solution for each
22. Spend 30 days without consuming electricity
23. Plant 30 native trees/plants
25. Do not buy any new thing for 30 consecutive days (excluding groceries)
26. Reduce GHG by 30%
27. Spend 30hrs in total picking up rubbish in the local area.
Final three goals:
28. Contribute 30 pledges/advice to other people’s plans/goals/dreams on PlanBig
29. Gain 30 subscriber’s to the blog
30. Attend 30 cultural events (festivals, plays, exhibitions, markets, concerts etc)
Thank-you all for your suggestions and comments on the Action Plan. Since it has taken me so long to decide the last three goals, I’m going to count all of the things I have done in the first half of the year that are relevant to these last three goals. Is that cheating? Believe me, I still have a long way to go with all three.
Also, I am thinking of changing (shock! horror!) one of the goals and want your say as to whether this is acceptable or not! The goal I would be swapping is “spend 30 days without consuming electricity”. I wish to substitute that goal for “spending 30 days plastic free”. You can read more about living plastic free here: http://www.earthcarers.org.au/programs-and-courses/plastic-free-july/. Officially this challenge is run in July, however I’m not restricting myself to this month. I will probably carry out the task in October, along with my “not buying any new thing” challenge.
So… what do you think? Is it okay for me to swap goals? Can I count my actions from earlier in the year towards my last three goals? Or am I being too lenient on myself? LOL! Love to hear what you have to say.