I was always the party-pooper who never passed on those annoying chain mail letters in High School, so now I’m making up for it! I have been invited to join a game of blog “tag” by Sandra of 12 Novels in 12 months. I have not participated in anything like this before, so forgive me if I stuff it up, or break the rules, or dissapoint!
For those of you who I have passed this onto who use their blog as a business tool – please don’t feel obliged to continue the trend if it does not suit your professional agenda.
Firstly, some housekeeping in the form of “the rules”:
- I must post the rules
- I must answer the questions the tagger listed for me
- I must create (or reuse) 11 questions for those I tag
- I must tag 11 people
- I must let them know they’ve been tagged
Here are the questions posted by Sandra and my answers:
1. If you could re-live a moment in your life when would you choose and why?
There are way too many moments I would re-live. Not in order to change them but just to re-experience them. Many of these moments come from my family’s four year trip around Australia when I was 9-13. Coincedently many of my other favourite memories come from the similar trip my boyfriend and I just completed.
2. What is your first happiest memory?
It’s hard to know what are true early memories or what are memories you remember through somebody else’s recollection of them, if you know what I mean. Any time spent with family is heartwarming to me so I think our school holiday camping trips or even just playing imaginary games in the backyard and dressing my little brother up in drag! I am a generally “happy” person so I don’t have specific “happy” moments or instances.
3. If you could have dinner with 3 dead historical figures who would you choose?
Henry Lawson, Ludwig Leichardt, Jeannie Gunn.
4. After a long, difficult day, what is your favourite way to unwind?
A glass of Bundy and coke, some music, cuddles with the cat and a “how was your day” conversation with the better half.
5. What is your favourite singer/band to listen to while writing?
It depends what I’m writing and the mood I’m in of course. Sometimes I can’t listen to music while writing, other times I listen to purely instrumental music without lyrics and other times I play songs that I feel evoke the particular emotion or action of the scene I am creating.
6. If you sold your novel for 100,000 (dollar/Euro/Pound/etc.) what would you do with your advance?
Put it in the bank or away for the mortgage (boring I know).
7. What did you want to be when you were little?
I was always changing my mind, but the most prominent dreams revolved around being an actor or a writer. As I got a bit older I realised I couldn’t act and that being a writer was way too difficult! I’ve never really been focused enough to want one particular career, but I’ve always wanted to make a difference.
8. What is one thing that you need with you when you write (on your desk, on your body, etc.)?
One thing I need with me when I write is concentration! Physcially there isn’t anything I HAVE to have – pen and paper or computer obviously! 😀
9. Would you rather write using a computer, typewriter or pen and paper and why?
It depends what I am writing, where I am and when I’m writing. Sometimes its pen and paper, sometimes it’s straight onto the computer. Never a typewriter – I’m too clumsy and my fingers get stuck!
10. What are 3 things that invariably make you smile?
Other people smiling (especially children), nature and dancing! 😀
11. What does your favourite colour remind you of?
I find purple to be a very calming colour. It just seems to say “everything’s cool!” LOL!
Okay, that’s me done! Thank goodness! Here are the blogs I am tagging. Please don’t feel obligated to continue the tag game and I do apologise if this is not your thing and completely unprofessional!
And the questions I wish you to consider:
1. Name one of your favourite characters in a book or film and why you relate to them so well?
2. What are three things you would like to do or you already do to make the world a better place?
3. What are you reading or what have you just read. If you’re not reading what are you writing and if you’re not writing what are you watching or listening to? Can you give us a 30 word review?
4. If you could travel to anywhere in Australia and spend a whole month exploring where would you go?
5. What is the weirdest or most oddball job you have ever held?
6. Do you have a current muse, who is it and why?
7. Name a weakness/vice/bad habit of your own.
8. Name a strength of your own.
9.Name three currently well known female figures who inspire you and why?
10. Name a film or book that is similar to your life or periods of your life and how? It can be one small part of the storyline that resonates true with your own story. For example, you may have simply lived in the same area/place where the story is set or one of the characters may have similarities with someone in your life. Perhaps you just relate to the themes in the story.
11. What are you three most favourite NATURAL places of wonder in the world and why?
Hope they are not too hard! I know a lot of them are writing based… sorry for the non-writer people. Can’t wait to see what y’all have to say! 😀 Thanks for participating!.