Yesterday I rocked up at the Geelong branch of the Red Cross Donor Centre to donate for my second time this year and I was met with a lovely surprise – my tenth donation badge! I was very pleased at reaching this milestone – although small. I also discovered that I can donate plasma, which I have decided to do.
This month’s competition is basically a cut and paste from last month. I really want to give this great book to a kind and deserving donor, so come on peeps – get on down to your local centre and roll up your sleeves!
To be in the draw for July’s Give and Win competition and win yourself a copy of ‘From Point AA to Point B’ all you have to do is join Becoming Thirty’s Club Red group ’30 Positive’ and make a blood donation within the month.
It’s that easy!
‘From Point AA to point B’ is the story of ordinary Aussie John Olsen’s epic adventure walking unaided from Cape York, QLD to the South East Cape of Tasmania and then three and half years later from Steep Point, WA, to Byron Bay, NSW and back to Geelong, VIC.
John’s two treks were completed without support vehicles, and included some of the most isolated and desolate areas of Australia. Not only did he face natural forces and wild animals during his odyssey, he also managed to defeat twenty years of alcoholism.
Give back to your community by donating a little of your time and you could be reading about John’s incredible journey!
The book is signed by John and author Rhys Thurston and includes a forward by the ABC’s ‘Australia All Over’ host Ian ‘Macca’ McNamara. Join ’30 Positive’ today, make a blood donation during the month of July and you will automatically go in the running to win this fascinating story of an everyday bloke achieving extraordinary feats.
This month I have also decided to include those who are ineligible to donate blood, by including a referer’s entry. See below for details.
Terms & Conditions:
1. You must be a member of the Club Red group ’30 Positive’. Sign up here by typing the name ’30 positive’ into the ‘organisation or group’ text box. Then fill out your details.
2. You must make a contribution to the ’30 Positive’ donation tally, within the month of July, by donating blood at any donor centre in Australia.
3.The competition is only open to Australian residents.
4. Competition opens 1st July 2012. Competition closes on the 31st July 2012.
5. Winners will be drawn on the 3rd of August, 2012. Winners will be notified via the Becoming Thirty blog.
6. If there are five or less entrants, competition will be held over till next month. This month’s entrants will automatically receive an entry into the next month’s competition.
7. If you refer a person to the competition and they follow the guidelines as listed above, you can also go in the draw to win. The donor must send an email to email@example.com listing their name, the referer’s name and the referer’s contact email.