Last week I participated in a ‘Three Month Review’ webinar with the very encouraging Erin O’Brien from Activate28. I found this session helpful as it allowed me to perceive my plan in a more business like manner. I was able to break my goals down rationally and analyse them as if I were analysing sales targets!
Although it has been closer to four months since I turned thirty, it’s really only been three months since I took action by creating Becoming Thirty and my Action Plan. I would like to take a moment to share with you some of the things I have achieved so far.
Since Becoming Thirty began I have:
- read and reviewed one book (Treasure Yourself, by Miranda Kerr)
- read one book from cover to cover with my niece (My First Year, by Demelza Pavletich)
- learnt surveying skills, basic horseriding skills, how to box, and, that cuttlefish can change colours
- viewed two new birds (Eastern Spinebill and Black-Shouldered Kite)
- tried three new foods/drinks (rockmelon & prosciutto tapas, japanese schocu spirit, sundried tomatoes and feta bread)
- explored seven new places (Lake Colac, Horsham, the National Gallery and National Library of Australia, the new Leisure Link Aquatic Centre in Waurn Ponds with my niece, the Marine Discovery Centre in Queenscliffe and Bickleigh Vale Village in Mooroolbark.)
- sent one letter to the government (reminding them of the importance of the Close the Gap campaign)
- attended/participated in two community events (Sunset Dreaming concert for the Marrma Rom Foundation and National Close the Gap Day Scavenger Hunt)
Three months is a quarter of a year but I am far from completing a quarter of my goals, so I have a lot of work ahead of me, which is why I need your support! Please add comments, follow the blog, the Becoming Thirty facebook page, my twitter account or BecomingThirty on PlanBig if you’re keen to participate!